Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On the News!


I was baking a flourless chocolate cake when my mom called me at 6.20. My dad was on the news! She hadn't been paying much attention as she was wrapping gifts and she heard his name in the background and then all of sudden she heard his voice. She said he looks good (my stepmom saw him on video conference on the weekend) and he wished us all a merry christmas and whitney a happy birthday (she was 17 on the 14th). She called me and I was sad I missed it. It might replay tonight on the 11.30 news but thats really late for me to stay up since I was up a few times last night with the baby. On the ships website thought it says that there is going to be something special on the sailor profiles so I think it might be his greeting that will be posted so I will have to remember to go and take a look. I hope its that because it made me upset that I missed it, I wish they had been told when and where the greetings would be shown so we could have seen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you missed your dad on t.v.! That must be hard...

    Olivier looks so adorable in this pic. Is he sitting up on his own?? Payton isn't quite there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! He seems to be sitting straighter each time we do it, its been about 3 weeks I think since he started. And in the end I found the video of my dads message online so I did get to see it afterall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you did get to see the video message! :)

    ReplyDelete