Sunday, July 4, 2010

The rest is still unwritten

So this past week was Canada Day and my mom's birthday. She wanted to celebrate at the cottage so off we all went, trekking out to the middle of nowhere's to spend a few days at the cottage. My mom, Amelie, Don and Grandma went up on Wednesday, but since I was working on Thursday me, Jonathan, Olivier and Marc-Andre went on Thursday after I got off work. We had lots of fun. We showed up around supper time, with the cake (which is a whole other story) and bags in hand. Ollie had a blast and didn't want to sleep. He woke up around midnight screaming. Finally we got him back to sleep but he didn't sleep well at all. The next morning he was congested too. On Friday we went into Maniwaki to pick up a few things, lets just say I was less than impressed with Maniwaki, their Canadian Tire was smaller than the pharmacy for crying out loud! And how people can survive without a WalMart is beyond me. While we were in Maniwaki we (me, Don and Amelie) were just supposed to pick up a little pool for Olivier, some graham crackers, chocolate, Kleenex with lotion for the baby, a magazine for Amelie and a head band for me...200$ and 2 hours later we were on our back to the cottage lol. We were a little disappointed by the pool. The picture on the box made it look big, this was a tiny little pool, but it served its purpose and Olivier had fun in it.

While Olivier took his nap me and Amelie went fishing off the end of the dock. I was getting discouraged after she had caught her 2nd fish and I had caught none. That was until I hooked something. At first I thought I had just gotten caught on the bottom but then Amelie, who had stood up by this point, started screaming I had a fish. So then we started screaming for Marc-Andre to come down and help us since me and Amelie, we don't fish. I ended up getting a big bass, at least 3 lbs, closer to 4 lbs. We got a few pictures then let him go.

That night Olivier woke up again screaming. This time he was tugging his ear. We didn't want to go to the ER in Maniwaki. Not at all. ER's usually mean a 14 hour wait minimum, so not what we wanted to do. But off we went anyways, back to Maniwaki. We pulled up to the hospital....it was empty. There were 2 people in the waiting room, both healthy and watching the FIFA World Cup. Okay then. We waited a total of 20 minutes, including our assessment time, before we were walking out of the hospital with a prescription for antibiotics for Ollie's ear infection. Let me just say that 1. the dr was a jerk. He never spoke to me, only to Jonathan and when Olivier threw up after he looked in his throat, I caught it in my hand so he wouldn't get covered in milk vomit, and the dr didn't even give me a kleenex, he just washed his hands and that was it. and 2. he doesn't deal with kids often, he practically had Jonathan holding the baby in a headlock to look in his ears and mouth.

The next day, Saturday, we came home, bringing Amelie with us. We had a few errands to run and wanted a day to relax before going back to work. And we went and saw Chantal and Tony as well at their new house so we had a great long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment